2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae013dx doesn't start or charge

HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae013dx. 

I was using my laptop yesterday night and then closed the lid after finishing my work. Then next day, when I tried switching it on, it didnt start. I plugged in my charger, still didnt start. The lid next to port blinks, when I plug in the charger. But doesnt charge the laptop.

This is a replacement laptop from HP, after my 1st HP Spectre started crashing. I got a HP Spectre x360. And after a year this problem has occurred. It is such an expensive laptop, but the quality has been really bad by HP.What is the point of buying such an expensive laptop, if they don't even last for a year.

How do I solve this issue. I am also out of warranty as well. I have searched in community, and many people ended up replacing their motherboard and payint $400-$500.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,846 5,833 309 232
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SanjivMeher

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
SanjivMeher
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So after talking in private message, I was asked to call HP Support.

When I called HP support, the person on call tried few steps and then suggested to ship the laptop and they will fix it. But the initial charge will be $430. And if it is a motherboard issue, it will cost me $720.

Why the hell should I pay so much money. I can buy a new laptop with that.

I had a Samsung laptop,  which was cheaper than this and last 5 years with no issue. Even with a broken lid, it was still working. But this is like $1300 bucks , doesn't even last a year.

I would suggest everyone, don't buy any HP products. Instead go for a Dell, Lenevo or even Mac. But no HP products. Both HP hardware or software are waste of money and your time.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation