Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx during BlackFriday 2017 for ~$1500, but today it just suddenly turned black and could not power on at all. Searched and followed several instructions, eg, hold the power button for >15 seconds with or without A/C adapter, nothing works. Not even LED ligth turns on, fan not on. Nothing, it just silent.

Search HP support site by S/N number, and it says the warrenty covers only Sept 17, 2017 - Oct 30, 2018 (although I bought it during black friday 2017), which means the warrenty expired 3 weeks ago, and for it covers less then one year for me. 😞

Please help how I can get this expensive notebook back. It is only one year old.  Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Usually the warranty date is set initially by manufactured date and can be adjusted with proof of purchase date. Have you tried calling HP?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

You can also  use HP Support Assistant installed on your Spectre. Open it and click on Support tab.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@tubaduoduo

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks. Will call HP support to see.

HP Recommended

Sorry, the problem is not solved yet. Somehow it now was marked as "SOLVED". Not sure how to change it back. 😞

Ok, figured out why it was marked as "SOLVED" before. Accidently clicked on cherylg's reply as "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION". Unchecked it, and it now the "SOLVED" is gone. Sorry, I am new to the community, and not familiar with the GUI.

HP Recommended

Please keep us updated on your progress-either through calling HP or through the escalation that our moderator Kevin mentioned above.

HP Recommended

Finally I called HP tech support.  Support guy Irfan was really nice. He went thru' their standard debug procedure with me online. Of course, it did not work. He suggested me to go to the store I purchaged it to try with a known good A/C adaper. When I told him my warranty issue (I could not find receipt anymore), he told me that if I can get a duplicate receive from the store, their can check it and revalidate my warrenty. I went to the store, tried with a good A/C adapter. Nothing happen. :-(.  But I got my duplicate receipt (thanks to the buy who helped quickly). Called back HP support, and was told to send the copy of receive to an email address. Did it right away. The guy (not Irfan this time. But is a nice guy too with european accent) helped me online while I sent the email. The only problem is email was bounced back saying that the mailbox was full. Fortunately he was still online (although  put me onhold for a few minutes while I was emailing), and said that he got it. After verifing the receipt, he revalidate the warranty for me. It was the last date of the warranty (not sure how it was calculated, but it is ok for me). He did it right away and initiated sending me a box for shipping the laptop back for repair. Not sure how they will do with data since no way to turn it on and get it out (luckily, I did not put any sensitive data on it). This is the first time dealing with HP support, pretty good (although quite disappointed with the quality of such a high-end product). Comparing to another support issue with Costco a while back regarding missing parts problem, the Costso customer service guy with indian accent promised to send an email back for verifying, but never happened, and got to call again :-(.

Thanks everyone for the helps. Will update when things are done.

HP Recommended

Great to hear things are moving along for you!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I've seen multiple threads going on about a similar issue but this is the exact same model as my laptop. My warranty is out of date but I know HP has helped some customers even with an expired warranty for a similar issue. I appreciate your assistance with this case.  I have tried to suggested troubleshooting steps for hard reset but it has not worked.

I bought my laptop in November of 2017 and had it for a little under 2 years. 

EDIT:
I called HP Customer Support Center. The person I talked was very nice and helpful. He walked me through a different hard reset step. Maybe the ones I had read and tries were for a different model. For this laptop, they had me:

1) unplug the power source

2) hold the mute button (mine was the F5 key i think) and the power button at the same time (20 seconds should do).

3) Connect the power source

4) Try powering it on

This worked for me. They said it was static electricity that built up inside the computer and these are the steps to discharge it. I hope this helps someone else experiencing a similar problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.