Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-ch004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with my HP Spectre x360 15-ch004na. I last used it 5 days ago. It was a little low on battery when I shut it down, but not completely empty. I came to switch it on this morning, and it will not boot. I have now charged it fully until the charging light has changed from orange to white.

I've tried a hard reset by removing the mains charger,  and pressing the power button for 20 seconds. The charging light switched on and off twice, but when trying to power on again nothing happens - the power on button lights up white for a few seconds, but then nothing. The screen stays black (although I do get a brief flash of grey for a second).

There have been no recent hardware or software changes. 

Please can you advise?

Many thanks,

Emily.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Em-Cee Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to boot the computer.

Please attempt the below steps: 

Perform a hard reset 

Attempt a BIOS recovery  

Run the System Diagnostics tests 

For more steps, click here 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

Many thanks for the response. I have tried the following:

Hard reset - this did not work

BIOS recovery USB - this did also not work, neither Windows Key + B or V. The USB flashed for a short time, but nothing was displayed on screen.

I cannot run Systems Diagnostics as the screen is blank. I've raised a phone case, and am expecting a call back on Monday.

Many thanks for your help. Em.

HP Recommended

@Em-Cee

Thank you for the update.

I would suggest you contact phone support in this regard. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a  nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.