Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 15t-ch000 dead Hardware after it left warrenty a half year later. This is Aweful.

HP Spectre x360 15t-ch000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i woke up this morning went to turn on my laptop for work and the **bleep** thing wont turn on.  All i get is the amber charging light when the power cord is plugged in.  Worked fine last night.  I called  HP tech Support went through the trouble shooting text and the tech on the phone said it was Broken and i needed to mail it in and the it would cost over $600 to fix.  WHAT THE HELL!!!!! I just bought the thing a year and a half ago and it wasn't cheap and now it is dead.  That is some crap apple pulls didn't think it a trusted company like hp would do this to me. I have been purchasing HP products since the 90s. I feel betrayed to have to spend half the cost of the laptop to fix something that shouldn't have happened anyway.  He wouldn't even tell me what was wrong.  Is it the battery? Is it the Motherboard?  I can replace a battery but this is a rip off and im worried its a scam cause This seems to be a common issue with the spectre series.   I FEEL FULLY BETRAYED!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
20,629 20,574 1,890 4,537
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 15t-ch000 dead Hardware after it left warrenty a half year later. This is Aweful.

@blackbeardshead 

Unless they were able to run hardware diagnostics, and even then, you would have seen on screen what those found, they are likely guessing as to the problem, and the estimate is a ball park.

I'm not here to dispute what the HP Tech said, but if it were MINE, my guess would be that the charging circuit in the motherboard and/or the USB bus got burnt -- which would take a motherboard replacement to fix. 

I've heard that motherboard replacement is around $200, so even if that is fried, i also have a hard time understanding the $600 repair estimate, especially if they did not break it down for you into the component costs.  Even my car dealer, at their high rates, does that for me before I commit to repairs.

Without warranty coverage to pay for all or part of the repair costs, I would take it somewhere else for a Second Opinion.  

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah so basically i shut the lid when i went to sleep. Its not the battery cause the battery light is showing it charged now. of course it jut wont boot. I cant believe HP will not fix this issue for free when its clearly a design issue.  

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation