Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-BL1XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community!

For the past few months my Spectre 360 has been having some frustrating issues.   I have just been too busy to address them.

#1)  If the computer sleeps or hibernates, when I open the laptop and log-in all my apps and programs are closed. 

#2) When I shut down the PC, it turns off then automatically reboots.  I have no way of turning off the computer without a restart happening.

What I've done:

• Reset all power settings
  • Turned Off Fast Start Up

From what I've read online it seems like a manufacturer default on the motherboard.  If there is anything else I can do to try and fix this on my end, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Harrison

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Harrison001,

Are you able to boot into BIOS or F2 page from the PC?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

1. Right-click on Start menu.
  2. Go to Control Panel.
  3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
  4. Select Power Options.
  5. If you are using Under Balanced (recommended), click on Change plan settingsNote: Steps also applies to High performance.
  6. Choose Change advanced power settings.
  7. Under Sleep, click on Allow hybrid sleep and then turn it on.
  8. Once done, go to Hibernate after and then set it to Never.
  9. Click on Apply.
  10. Select OK.

Try updating the BIOS and chipset drivers on the PC to the latest version using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, Try few steps recommended below.

Try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

1.      Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.

2.      Type Troubleshooting.

3.      Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.

4.      Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps. 

Lastly, for restart issues try the steps recommended below.

Check for Windows Update and ensure that you have installed all the latest updates including device drivers.

Using the WinX Menu, open System. Next click on Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery > System failure.

Uncheck the Automatically restart box. Click Apply / OK and Exit.

Open Power Options > Change what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable > Disable Turn on fast start-up. This will disable Fast Startup.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of these things worked.

HP Recommended

@wendellbest,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.