Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360

My notebook is not turning on and it appears to be a common issue with the mother board burning out. I'm surprised there's no recall yet on this issue and notebook. Has anyone contact BBB regarding this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@masoundz

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that HP spectre x360 not powering on, there are several reasons the laptop won't power on, even when it's plugged in, could have a faulty power supply, battery, motherboard, video card or RAM etc,  

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Is there light next to Ac adapter port?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's perform Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

4) Plug-in the Adapter.  

5) Try to turn on the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Last Thursday, my Spectre x360 15t (15t-ch000) just up and quit booting. With no Ac Adapter, the charge indicator is amber, but when plugged-in, it eventually brightens. Pressing the Power button results in the button illuminating white, a fan starting (or attempting to) and then the white light goes out, and... nothing. I have tried various suggestions online: holding Power for 15 seconds to several minutes; pressing Power for 15x; holding down Windows-B and then Power, and Windows-V then Power. I have tried with and without provided HP Adapter, as well as with 65W USB-C chargers. Nothing works.

Recently got a Windows 10 Insider Update, and could handle rolling back - IF I could even get to a Boot Menu. Willing to reset BIOS, but can't get far enough to do so. Simply, one night it was working, the next morning it wasn't.

The laptop was "Certified Refurbished" when I bought it in November 2018; came with a 90 day warranty as per my invoice. Bought an additional Square Trade 1 Year Warranty; when Square Trade finally found my warranty (after initially responding that I had NO Warranty), they said it had expired 2 weeks prior (week before XMAS). Apparently then, my original warranty was only 30 days.

I LOVE the laptop, but never would have purchased at ANY price for 54 weeks of use. My 6-year old Dell is still going strong, so may have to go back to it, but prefer HP do the right thing and fix their design/manufacturing flaw.

HP Recommended

Hi @raydragon

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.