Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Folks,

My HP Spectre x360 is causing me some trouble, and I was hoping someone has experienced this issue before. I left my computer running for an hour or so, and returned to a black screen with a “boot failure” message or something to that effect. It then went black, and though it was powered on, and the fan was spinning, there was nothing on the screen. Now, the computer will charge, and the power button and screen will light up, but it will not start the OS. I know these models have had trouble with motherboards in the past, any chance this might be the issue? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MT315

Try getting to BIOS and that will indicate if it's an issue with the Motherboard or the OS

Shut down the Notebook and upon restarting keep tapping on F10 till you see System Configuration Menu ( BIOS )

If you are unable to get to BIOS, please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.