12-15-2016 01:20 AM
I bought my HP Spectre x360 4002dx in October 2015 on Ebay in Australia. Apparently this is an American model. Anyway, it was working great up until the other day. Now it refuses to power on at all. I searched some forums and found out that this seems to be a common problem with this notebook model. I paid a lot for this notebook and now I am less than 2 months out of warranty and it is a write off? Does anyone have any advice about what I can do? I chatted to tech support in Australia and he said to contact the US team.
12-15-2016 01:01 PM - edited 12-15-2016 01:07 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand the computer is not turning on or is displaying only a black screen and the battery isn't charging either,
Is there a light on the power button, keyboard and/or the charger port?
Let's try these steps just to ensure you have performed to isolate the issue:
If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:
(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)
1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
3. Start computer using the battery only
4. Check that the lid switch moves freely
5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.
* If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.
* If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.
* If the LEDs blink or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.
* If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.
For more assistance, click here
If the issue persists, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear.
Note: If the problem is diagnosed to be a hardware issue, you would have to get it repaired in the country you have purchased.
Eager to help,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee