Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-aw0043tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all,

one day it’s working fine; the next’ nothing.

When I plug my laptop into its charger the amber charging LED illuminates’ then it shuts off about 10 seconds later. Same goes for the power button.

When I turn it on the laptop shows blank/black screen and then displays the HP logo for 0.5 seconds before it dies and power is lost. The laptop doesn’t even get a chance to boot up the fans or make a beep; just dies, then it tries again. I’ve tried the CMOS reset’ and by attemption to get to the BIOS menu’ which was successful’ the BIOS screen displayed instead of the HP logo’ but again that was short lived and the laptop died within half a second of showing the BIOS page.

This occurs even when the internal battery is removed.

I've re-tightened every internal connection with no luck; I’m leaning towards it being a fried system board.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

and if it is the board’ where can I find a replacement specific to my laptop from HP?

I believe my motherboard is toast. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Aurora10

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

That must be hard. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I understand that your HP notebook is not working correctly. If you have already performed the steps from the document HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01997899No Power or no Boot and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure. 

I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
​​​​​​​
Hope this helps! 
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.