Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Spectre x360 Convertible that will not charge.  I tried replacing the battery and the unit powers up only as long as the battery has a charge.  I noticed while looking at the charging circuit that the resistor had blown (right below the chip on the attached pic).  Any chance someone knowledgeable knows the resistors size of this SMR?  I'd rather not guess.

Thank you!

x360 bad resistor.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Forgot the model info:

Model 13 - 4195dx

Prod ID N5S03UA#ABA

HP Recommended

@rsapster,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to contact our HP phone support for assistance?

This looks like a possible hardware failure. I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP Support can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also have a 13-4195dx that suddenly won't charge. Charger is good. Another x360 charger (identical) won't charge the laptop. No light next to the charging port anymore. Push power on button get three blinking white lights indicating battery low. I'm guessing if I replace the battery it would actually power on again but I don't think it is a battery problem -- battery was very good, giving hours per charge still. Charging mechanism seems busted.

Did you every figure out what happened with yours?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.