Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-4101nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I was surfing on internet and reading PDF as usual last time I had my notebook working. I also played video games a bit, but that was well before I shut the system down. 

Now, my notebook won't start at all. Screen is black, keyboard backlight is all off (even that LED to the turn ON/OFF the keyboard backlight). Fan doesn't seem to spin.

Power LED pattern is blinking without stopping, 6 seconds period, 50% duty cycle. Seems like it's in standby... But even if I press power again nothing happens and power LED keeps blinking. 

EDIT2: if connected to the AC blink pattern makes more sense… Even if not in a good way. Power LED and AC LED blink at the same pace as it seems to keep booting itself over and over. 3seconds ON, 3 seconds both LED OFF.

EDIT3: I left the PC connected to the charger this night…  Battery was full last time but… try everything…  Now my notebook doesn't respond to anything. Every LED is OFF, all the time… 

What can I do? Which is the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Alessandro

EDIT: uhm, probably I posted in the wrong section. Is (Notebook Boot and Lockup) more appropriate right? Is there a way to change it or do I have to wait for a moderator. I'm sorry if this is the case 😕 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SashaLag

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting no boot issues on your notebook.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

So far, HP experience leave me a lot to think… 

So, this is  a Spectre x360… My first HP… A premium class laptop… Sell at a relatively high price… 

But, in 2 years of ownership:

- I sent it back to HP just after buying it because of three yellow regions at the corners of the display… How is HP quality tests done?

- I sent it twice to a near computer shop because hinges just cannot hold… and after a while they become loose and display start to wobble and to move from its position,

- It's now broken

Reset doesn't seems to results in anything good… 

To me it seems I have to change the motherboard at all… 

and guess what? it's just out of warranty… 

on top of all… I'm less than 5 months far from graduating at university… so never before I need a PC…  a reliable PC… 

highly disappointed…

HP Recommended

@SashaLag

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting no boot issues on your notebook.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, i have the same problem ,same model ,  after disconecting the motherboard to clean fan and heat sink, does not boot only led lights blinking.

Can you please assist?

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi @SashaLag

I'm helping a friend's daughter with her Spectre x360 Convertible (Model 13-4156nz) that seems to have the same problem.

Would it bepossible to receive the information to solve this issue?

thanks for your help and best regards,

Chris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.