Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 14t-ea000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello-

HP Spectre X360 Convertible 145-ea000

Windows 10

I just got this laptop brand new about a month ago, replacing an older HP Spectre X360.  

With this new Spectre I'm having problems getting the computer to boot up when I press the power button and/or open the laptop lid.  I have the Windows settings set up to put my computer into hibernation when I close the lid (plugged in or on battery), for example, but when I open the lid the computer doesn't come out of hibernation.  I try pressing the power button multiple times of course pausing to wait for a computer response (short press first, long presses, etc.) and nothing usually happens.  

I've tried changing the settings with lid closure, changing it to putting the computer to sleep, shutting down the computer, etc., but no matter what I do, when I open the lid nothing happens, forcing me to revert to power button usage.  And when I press that power button, intermittently, nothing happens either.  I have no idea if this is a hardware issue (bad power button) or a lid position sensing issue (computer not coming out of hibernation or sleep because it's not sensing the lid opening) or a software issue (Windows 10 not coming out of sleep/hibernation as it should when I open t open the lid).

Any help appreciated. It's frustrating spending 3-5 minutes every time I want to turn the computer back on playing with the power button in order to get this thing to boot up.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ualdriver1 -- I just got this laptop brand new about a month ago

Any new HP computer comes with a 30-day free telephone support.

Beyond that time, you have a one-year HP Warranty -- HP will repair/replace your computer, at their cost.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.