2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 not turning on

HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Spectre x360 which is about 1 1/2 years old, bought in the UK (so annoyingly outside the 1 year warranty).

A few days ago it stopped working. No damange, no software problems, no upgrades orf software updates. It simply wouldn't turn on. I've tried a hard reset and all the troubleshooting guides, but no joy. The small ac adaptor light does light up when i plug it it, but no response to the power button.

This seems to be a known problem for this particular brand, but my only options appear to be to pay for a very expensive repair. 

To me, this is simply unacceptable for a computer to break after such a short time, and with only infrequant usage. I can't find any number to call HP on without paying a large fee. I've tried the retailer, and the same thing. I can pay £60 for them to look at it and see what is wrong, but the chap at the store suggested it would probably cost much more than this to fix once I pay for labour and the parts. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this?

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2353
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 not turning on

Hi @David811,

Good Day. Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post about the computer not powering on.  It will be a pleasure to assist you here.

You’ve done commendable troubleshooting. Hats off you on that score.  

Since you’ve done all the troubleshooting steps I would require some information here to further isolate the issue.

• Is there a light by the power port (DC port) where the adapter plugs in?
  • Have you tried different wall outlets and multiple adapters if you could get hold of one?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the computer.

If there is no light by the power port where the charger plugs in, and if you have not tried a different adapter, I request you to try another adapter by visiting a local technician. Please don’t buy the adapter. Please test it out with a different adapter. It is also possible the adapter is faulty.

IT is definitely a hardware issue. Please keep me posted.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation