Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 convertible model 13-ae008TU

HP Spectre x360 convertible model 13-ae008TU:

Had an issue earlier today where the laptop would not turn on for 5-10 mins after not being used for 10+ hrs and was at 20% charge when it eventually turned on. Since i have had a problem, the laptop will now boot, but whenever the laptop is moved (e.g. when turned  upside down to check the s/n it turned off and turned back on instantly), and has been doing so whenever its been moved.

on a side note there has been pressure damage to the top of the screen causing a radiating fracture, that has stopped the touch function but has not effected the display in any other way (2 month old damage) which may be causing some issues but due to the placement of the pressure damage i doubt it's related.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@zac-sm Welcome to HP Community!

I recommend you boot into BIOS using the F10 key during a restart, check if the device turns off while you are in BIOS to determine the issue, if it does, this could be a hardware malfunction!

If it doesn't happen in the BIOS screen, please perform an extensive test using the below steps:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.