I am donating the laptop. I backed up all my data and then did a factory reset from inside Windows. It restored and asked me to hit F1 on a virtual keyboard to clear the TPM. Now it boots, I see the new HP logo and some dots in a circle. The screen then goes blank and the cycle starts again. I have tried the power reset by holding down the power button for 15 sec to no avail.
What else can I try. I do not think any of the F functions are working either
I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns
I suggest you contact HP Support and order the Recovery Media to Reset the Notebook
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".