Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently found my old HP Stream 7 and tried resetting the Windows 10 to factory settings. Unfortunately, when doing it, during one of the restarts I got a message from BIOS that "A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module)." It also shows 2 options to choose "Yes" (as if clear TPM), and "No".
Unfortunately, since HP Stream 7 doesn't have buttons I am unable to click either of the options. I tried buying a connector from micro-USB to USB and connecting it to my keyboard (Corsair Strafe), but it was not detected by BIOS, even though the keyboard lit up. Hence, I am stuck at choosing an option, which unfortunately is not choosable.
Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @balbok

Are you able to boot into windows?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

TPM is a microchip designed to provide basic security-related functions, primarily involving encryption keys. TPM is usually installed on the motherboard of a computer or laptop and communicates with the rest of the system using a hardware bus.

Try the steps recommended below.

You have to clear the TPM on your PC to stop receiving the notifications.

Go to Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Security > Device security .
Under Security processor, select Security processor details.
Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Or you can try the steps listed below to solve TPM issues.

To clear the TPM 

1) Press Windows key + r.

2) Type tpm.msc in the Open box, and then press ENTER. The TPM Management console is displayed.

3) If the User Account Control dialogue box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

Disclaimer: Clearing the TPM resets it to factory defaults. You will lose all created keys and any data protected only by those keys.

4) In the Actions tab, click Clear TPM. If the TPM is turned off, turn on the TPM before clearing it.

5) In the Clear the TPM security hardware dialogue box, select a method for entering your password and clearing the TPM

Also, refer this third-party video link from youtube to know how to disable TPM in BIOS. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try performing a system reset on your PC and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system reset. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.