Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Stream Notebook 11-d000ng
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

The notebook was working without any problems and when i shut it down it didnt want to start again anymore. When i push the power button the screen stays black, the capslock light is ticking and the light next to the battery charger slot is ticking too. I tried everything i read at the forums but nothing worked. What can i do to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You might want to indicate what you have already done to resolve it.

HP Recommended

I holded the power button until the light next to the charger slot blinked 3 times, i took out the battery (removed the cable under the keyboard) tried turning it on with the charger only, used another screen (with hdmi and both of the screens stayed black), i used another keyboard through the usb slot and it looked like it wasnt even connected to the notebook (no lights or anything) ive opened the notebook now and can show you pictures

HP Recommended

You might also try holding down both the Windows logo key and the B key while powering up to reset the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Powering up how? I holded both of the buttons but nothing happened.

HP Recommended

With the notebook powered off, hold both the Windows logo key and the B key and then press the power button.

HP Recommended

I did it, nothing changed only the light next to the charger slot started blinking all of the time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.