Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
AyeeMarie Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream Notebook Won't Turn On

I have a HP stream 11 and it turns on but it won't leave the start up screen. It turns on and the logo pops up then it shuts off and does it again. I tried to factory reset it and it has failed twice. I tried everything else and nothing is working. I really don't have the money to pay for an expensive repair and I need this laptop for school and work.

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
12831 1667 4273
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream Notebook Won't Turn On

Hi,

Are you able to get past BIOS/UEFI screen? After that to Windows setup screen?

Please test your hard drive and memory (extensive testing) by tapping F2 key as soon as you power on laptop from System Diagnostics. Let it finish. If all tests passed proceed.

It is a very economical notebook. Therefore manufacturer has cut down many standards like hard drive storage capacity, RAM, processor to name few. This makes Windows installation tough especially Recovery process as it uses more resources.

I would suggest you to clean install Windows using Microsoft windows media creation tool by creating bootable installation USB.

Get the exact version of Windows that came pre installed with this notebook -->

Windows 8/8.1: Option 1
https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/18309-windows-8-windows-8-1-iso-download-create.html

Windows 10: Option 1
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-usb-flash-drive-create-install-windows-10-a.html

Download, save additional drivers from your HP support page.

Regards

Visruth

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation