Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Screen is black when powered on. Caps Lock light blinks 5 white then 3 short white. I spoke with an agent in chat and tried hold power 15 seconds, hold power 60 seconds. Windows+B then power. Windows+V then Power. Basically everything Chat Agent told me. I was then being given direction to do something with an HDMI cable, and the chat disconnected. If I do have an HDMI cable I would have to try and find it (hopefully that shows how tech savvy I am🤦‍♀️). 

It seems as though I remember my daughters computer (same model but different computer) do this not too long ago, and I found a forum online that included pressing the windows key+B key, but there was either one or two more keys to hold down as well, and them followed by the power key. I remember when I found that sequence it was the only site I saw that mentioned it, and I was shocked that it was not even mentioned on HPs troubleshooting tips, but it fixed it. I still have warranty and feel as if I should probably claim that warranty before it runs out. I probably should have never fell for that deal in the first place, I guess there really is a reason a pre-Christmas special is too good to be true, and they always come back around to bite you in the a........well, you know!🐎🤷‍♀️

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey There! @DavisCleaningNC,

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

The error indicates the embedded controller times out waiting for the BIOS.

Remove all accessory devices from the notebook. If the error code persists, contact support for possible repair.

Refer this article to know more information about recovering the BIOS. Click Here

Note: Refer step 3 to know how to create a BIOS recovery flash drive.

Also, refer this article to know more information about blinking lights on the PC. Click Here

Let me know how it goes! 
Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, the laptop is not working due to manufacturer malfunctioning defect and, considering it is still under warranty, needs to be repaired through a warranty claim. Problem is, and I cannot understand why something as simple as a warranty claim, actually filing that claim is nearly impossible, much less speaking to someone with HP that seems to have knowledge for anything other than avoiding filing a warranty claim. 

...to sum up the answer to your question, No, although I tried all the steps listed on HP's website, have tried everything that a CS Rep has instructed me to, and even had someone else try them as well, just in case I was losing my mind and not following directions correctly. I've spoken with several PC Repair Technician's, one who has worked for HP repair, and when I explain the issues I'm having they all say they are positive (without even seeing the laptop) that it is in fact a defect of the laptop itself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.