Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. So last night I was downloading the Windows 10 update and I had to clear space for it. I am not sure if accidentally deleted major files or what, but now my computer will not load past the HP logo screen! It did shut down during the middle of the update and I haven't been able to fix it since. This is one with a sealed battery so it will not allow me to take the battery out. I have tried a manual restart and that does not help .The computer turns on and off. It gets to the hp stays there for a minute then turns off and restarts to the logo screen. I have ran the diagonostic test and eveyrthing came back passed. I can also get to the blue screen by pressing f10 and have the advanced options. When I try to reset it to factory it goes to 37% and then says there was a problem with this reset. I have also tried to do the comand prompt and when i click on it i am prompted to selecet a user ( and it has my account) I click my account name and it brings me to a black box saying "Adminstration" when I hit enter it just then says another line of "adminstration". I have also tried running the self repair and it says this can not be repaired. Do I have any options?!?! I am not sure what to do I have only had this computer about 2 weeks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can still do a hard reset even with a sealed battey. Just unplug the AC adaptor then press and hold the power button for 15 secs then plug the charger back again.

Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
Unfortunately I have tried that and it just goes back to the logo constantly trying to reload
HP Recommended

@sarah4197 wrote:
Unfortunately I have tried that and it just goes back to the logo constantly trying to reload

Hi,

If hard reset didnt work try the following steps:

BIOS Default

Turn the computer off completely

Turn it back on after 1 sec tap away the ESC button so you could pull up the start menu

Press F2 For diagnostics then run a component test, hard drive check, quick test then run once

Check if you will get a failure id. If not then move to the next option

System Restore

Turn the computer off completely

Turn it back on after 1 sec tap away the ESC button so you could pull up the start menu

Press F11 to access the recovery manager. The select troubleshoot then click Advanced options then look for System Restore

Kindly select a date wherein the computer is working just fine

Note: Kindly select a date without CRITICAL UPDATE on it

Kindly give us an update.. Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
What if in BIOS default, I do get a failure I'd error?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.