cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 1 of 21
Flag Post

HP Stream won't turn on.

HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook PC 13
Microsoft Windows XP
I don't know when it started, but my HP Stream became bugging, probably because of what I've been downloading on it. The mouse sometimes wouldn't move and it would click on something that I didn't want it to click on. A friend of mine suggested to reset the computer completely. Something went wrong in the process, and when we tried to see if it worked, the computer would show the HP symbol, but wouldn't turn on. Is there anyway I can fix this myself?
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 2 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Never mind that, I have a new problem. So I tried to hard reset the laptop but it says there's a problem with resetting it. I pressed Cancel, and I don't know what to do from there. I tried to press continue, the computer ends up showing me a black screen. Now what should I do?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,098 30,048 2,490 3,750
Message 3 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@erynrose

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the HP Stream won't turn on,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you install or interrupt any updates recently that could have caused these issues?

Have you attempted a BIOS recovery?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Please attempt the below steps: 

Perform a hard reset 

Attempt a BIOS recovery  

Run the System Diagnostics tests 

For more steps, click here

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 4 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you! I've already tried to hard reset, but I'll try the other options as well! I'll let you know if it does/doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 5 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Also, to answer your questions, I didn't let iTunes or Adobe Flash Player update only because their was no space on my computer. I haven't attempted to do a BIOS recovery, but I'll try to do that asap. Thank you again for the help!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,499
Message 6 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ erynrose

You're welcome. 🙂

As @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office, I'm replying to you. 

Please let us know the result of the BIOS recovery and the hardware diagnostics and we will work it out further. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 7 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So I just did the BIOS recovery thing, and there weren't any problems. But my laptop still showed the black screen. I then did the System Diagonistics Test and it passed all the checks. What should I do now?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,499
Message 8 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@erynrose

That good news that the hardware tests passed. This indicates that the hardware is good. Also, the BIOS recovery went through but the screen is blank when the laptop powers on. The evidence points towards the operating system. I suggest you to try reinstalling Windows. But before that could you let us know the exact model no. of your laptop. This link will help you locate the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Also, let me know if you have created any recovery media for your laptop.

Cheers! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 9 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The model number is 13-c110nr. I'm not sure what you mean by recovery media, although I probably have not if I don't know what it is.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,499
Message 10 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ erynrose

The recovery media (Disks or USB flash drive) will contain the original image of Windows operating system that came with your laptop. I see that your laptop was shipped with Windows 10. You have an option to create the recovery media on your laptop and use it when a situation like this arises. 

If you have not created the recovery media then you may try to perform a recovery (reinstall Windows) using the recovery partition which is inbuilt into the hard drive fo your laptop. To know how to use the recovery partition on the hard drive, refer to "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly" from this link.

NOTE: The recovery partition on the hard drive will work as long as it is not corrupted. If it works, it will wipe all of your information and reinstall the original Windows 10 copy that came with your laptop. 

Let me know what happens. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation