10-11-2010 12:12 PM
The box asking if I want HP Update to check for software and driver updates is on my screen and nothing I do will make it go away. It is nonresponsive to clicking the options. Rebooting doesn't seem to get rid of the thing. Any suggestions?
10-11-2010 02:02 PM
Hold down the windows button down and press R to bring up the Run window. Type in
Hit return. You should now see a System configuration window. Click on the start up tab and remove the tick from the HP Software Update entry. Apply the change and restart your computer.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)