Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
not sure if it is 32 or 64 bit
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Last update really did something...  now I tried to do auto repair which keeps looping.. saying pc did not start correctly...finally got to try reinstalling windows in advanced options from a stick drive that I downloaded the copy but now says it cant be installed on Drive 0 partitions which is all I have available.  I am a senior and really inept when it comes to this.  Is this a toss or can I fix it somehow?  thanks so much for reading

this is Imodel 10po18wm

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dyannemike

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues performing a recovery on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the exact issue you are facing with the computer? Why are you reinstalling the operating system?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps to reinstall Windows on the computer.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

3. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose and option screen is displayed, and then continue.

4. On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.

Choose an option with Troubleshoot selected

5. On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.

Troubleshoot screen with Recovery Manager selected

6. Under Help, click System Recovery.

Recovery Manager with Help and System Recovery selected

7. When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:

NOTE: 

Depending on the version of Windows, the following screens might appear slightly different.

Follow the instructions to backup your files and recover the system.

8. The Welcome to HP Recovery Manager screen is displayed. Read the on-screen information, and then disconnect any connected devices and cables, such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.

9. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

10. Click Next to continue.

HP Recovery Manager welcome screen

HP Recovery Manager prepares the computer for recovery.

NOTE: 

This process can take as long as 30 to 45 minutes. Do not interrupt HP Recovery Manager during the recovery process.

Recovery preparation

11. When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs.

Recovery preparation is complete

12. Recovery Manager reformats the Windows partition and reinstalls the original software.

13. After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.

14. Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.

15. Before using the computer, update and protect your computer by reinstalling any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.

16. Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.