Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 360 1040
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i have a troubel with starting my Notebook with activated Thunderbold.

if i have activate Thunderbolt in Bios, the Notebook wan't start. I can't see the Startuplogo, the Screen is Black. 

The Backlight of my Keyboard is on for a while, the amber Light on F11 goes on for a while, like a normal startprocess.

But thats all, the screen remains black.

The back light of the screen does not start.

The only way to get back into the BIOS is to open the backside of the notebook, disconnect the battery, wait a little bit, re-connect the battery and start it.

The first time you start, the message "Performance drop" is received.

With luck I get the Bios Startscreen at the second start, If not, battery off, wait, clamp again.

That's until I get the Bios Startscreen.

I don't understand why but after a few attempts the start works until the Bios Start.

If I then deactivate Thunderbolt, the computer will start again normaly.

But: Via USB C i cant get an external screen connected and HDMI is no longer possible.

The behavior is completely new for the computer. It has emerged from one day to the next. I had shut down the computer in the evening and in the morning the behaviour was there.

The only different is, in the afternoon i haven't connect a external Screen, in the morning i connect to external screen via USB C.

Does anyone have an idea to solve the Problems?

Thanks for help,

Katja

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ask again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.