2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP X360 Convertible PC black screen & caps lock blinks

Pavilion X360
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Hello everyone,

I'm holding a Pavillion x360 convertible pc 13-u002ne.

I was watching a movie yesterday as usual on my recently purchased laptop and woke up to the the fact that it's not wanting to start off anymore. The power button turns on but the Caps Lock emits a blinking in the same pattern 3 slow blinks then 5 fast ones, with a black screen.

I checked the link communicated above for blink/beeps troubleshooting but it doesn't show anything regarding my pattern.

I opened the laptop and removed the battery, the CMOS battery and the Ram, then put them all back again but nothing changed.

During the startup process, I tried pressing on various buttons and combinaisons to reset my bios but nothing seemed to work since all throughout my screen is always black.

Any support would be highly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
49520 49492 9890 16844
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP X360 Convertible PC black screen & caps lock blinks

Hi,

From your description, this sound like a hardware issue, so my best advice given that this is a new machine, would be to contact HP and get the problem corrected under warranty.

You can contact HP starting on the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation