Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

> Did you use the SoftPaq Manager?

Absolutely not.
Just installed B&O by had pretty much, used Intel's Software Updater tool thingie to fetch all the goodies, and that's about it.

What kind of BSODs are you getting?

You can actually diagnose them - though, they proved to be worthless in my case.

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/how-do-i-use-windbg-debugger-to-troubleshoot-a-...

It's nothing destructive. When I get a BSOD, basically I copy out the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP file somewhere (just in case I get more, or whatever). Then I dig into that with WINBDG (see link just above). Usually the info is clear (pinpoints which driver, or what hardware is at fault).

If you get stuck, or get the exact error, anything, feel free to post here and I'll try my best to help you out.

You can use Pastebin.com if you want to post the whole crash debug from windbg or anything.

HP Recommended

Reinstalled, replaced motherboard, updated drivers, tested every component multiple times with multiple programs.  Finally found a stick of compatible memory and replaced the memory.  No BOSD.  Both sticks of memory were bad, but none of the testing applications found an issue.  Didn't take long to convince HP to send me replacement sticks with that info.

HP Recommended

I have tried replacing both sticks of memory and I am still getting BSODs. Whenever I run the WinDBG tool it just tells me that it was a kernel crash and to update Windows even though I am on the latest build of 10. Normally the dump files are more conclusive, but these files are just vague and unhelpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.