Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP black screen, caps lock flashes 3 times when switched on

M4T86EA #ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I turn on my HP laptop the usual lights come on, fan goes like normal but the screen is black there are no beeps anymore since I bought new ram for it but the caps lock flashes 3 times stops then flashes 3 times again keeps doing that until switched off.

Model number is: 15-AF066SA

Thanks in advance for any help :-)
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2338
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP black screen, caps lock flashes 3 times when switched on

Hi @Kylie05,

Good Day! Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community. I understand that your computer has issues and cannot boot. The caps lock light blinks in a sequence. I  will be more than happy to assist you. :)

Spectacular effort. Brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. You’ve done an amazing job here. :) Kudos to you on that score. :)

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. 

It certainly looks like a hardware issue with the computer.

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a software or windows update?
  • Did you perform a bios update by any chance?

For starters please try to roll back the bios from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Please try both the steps mentioned in the link.

If this does not do the trick, please try all the steps from this link: http://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/7771410/model/8255055/document/c0351540...

If it still does not work, then please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. Steps to contact HP phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :)  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. :)

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation