Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spkonissis
Level 1
8 4 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP envy 17-j100 not booting, can someone pls help with diagnostics results?

HP Recommended
Envy 17-j100 Quadcore
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
My PC upgraded to the latest version of iTunes and then wanted to restart. However, it never did and just went into the automated recovery mode. I couldn’t restore from the latest recovery mode or even my full system backup even though they were available, the system can’t read or find them. After running a full system diagnostics who ran for about 1 day, the results are saying that the processor, the video memory and the internal wireless module are not installed! I then tried running diagnostics on all three and sure enough it’s saying they are not installed. I managed to get into DOS & found both the hard drives so they are still there and not faulty as far as I can see so does that mean that my CPU is fried or more? Am I correct in saying that the video memory mentioned inn diagnostics is on the CPU? What about the wireless module? I have a pic of the results if anyone wants to see them.
Thanks in advance for any help.

B1E10FE0-B572-4A54-9060-127EC9368E51.jpegD9E2A965-777E-462C-90B9-E47968BCB9A3.jpeg9D157214-5F7E-4664-8953-3DCE03606247.jpeg9E82B8A5-AC43-4AE9-A14B-34275951DE59.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,099 20,081 1,228 1,247
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@spkonissis

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I went through your Post and I would like to help

I have sent you a private message.

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
spkonissis
Author
Level 1
8 4 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your offer of help but I tried what you said and all routes lead to me paying money to contact someone! Can't some nice polite person please just answer my question on this thread just so that I know what I need to do? If I need to pay to have a new processor or memory installed, then I know what I have to do (start saving money!!!) . If I need to run additional diagnostics, then please let me know how to. I am going through a very tough time financially and would be grateful if you could please help me on this forum, I thought that was the point of the forum? If I had the money to pay for HP customer service, I would have tried them first. I'm sorry if this seems  little harsh, considering your offer of help, which I appreciate, but I would be very grateful if someone who has gone through this problem before would be kind enough to point me in the right direction ( without charging me of course! 😉 )

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,521
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@spkonissis

You're welcome. 

As @KrazyToad is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

I have reviewed your post comprehensively. And have sent you a private message suggesting the next course of action. 

Hope that helps. Good luck! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation