Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp envy x360 13 ay0005nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings to all,

lately my computer does not wake up from sleep mode. If the computer sleeps for a very short period of time (less than a minute) waking up works fine. If the computer sleeps for more, when I try to engage it by opening the lid the following things happen:

Either it shows the windows login screen but not fully (just the wallpaper, the clock and other text does not show) and the whole system is frozen OR the screen, keyboard lights etc engage but the screen remains blank and again, the whole system is frozen.

The only way to make it work is to hold the power button so it hard shuts down and repress it as I start it up from that state. Anyway, the sleep function (as in continue your work where you left off) does not work EVER lately.

Notes: the problem is new, I didn't have it before, all the latest drivers are installed (and I mean all, both Windows and Hp assistant, even got the new from AMD website)

I tried literally everything regarding the issue on other forums or threads (power options, diagnostics etc)

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

maybe you can share your BIOS version and if this is happening after upgrade bios to 1.14.0 as it is happening to me.

HP Recommended

Indeed, bios version is BIOS : F.14-10/30/2020, not sure if it's happening due to the Bios update, I am confident that the problem (even if it started presenting not long ago) was present before the bios update. The update just didn't seem to fix it is all.

HP Recommended

The issue here is, that nobody from HP is reading this forum. So if you are still under warranty let them know via support chat or call, or whatever is available these days.

HP Recommended

I’m encountering another issue. The sleep/wake up seems okay, however, upon wake up, the entire system becomes laggy for around 30 seconds, then back to normal. This happens after update to BIOS F14.

Just checked HP support assistant and there’s a new version available (F15). After update, seems the issue is solved. You may try updating to F15 to see if it works. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.