Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laptop 4 months old, fan/processor revs up frequently, loudly

HP Notebook - 17-ca1001ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Notebook - 17-ca1001ca
Product number: 4LX68UA#ABL

Four month old laptop, used mainly to access articles, documents, etc, no video games or high data uses. Computer freezes up, apps become "unresponsive" after the noise kicks in and runs hard. Usually happens if I have more than a few Google Chrome websites open. Memory usages surges up to 65%. No heat felt coming out of the fan vents. Not sure if it's the processor or the fan running, but it uses up memory and sometimes freezes the PC requiring reboot. -Heather

Jan. 8, 2020 task mgr.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
19,068 19,010 1,776 4,199
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VirdenHeather 

Sorry to say this, but this is a known problem using Chrome in Win10.

I run into the same issue at least once a day using Opera.

You should look into installing the new Edge-Chrome browser when it comes out -- as that is going to be based on Chromium -- which is the newest version of Chrome.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
VirdenHeather
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you WAWood, that is a very helpful reply. I was worried there was a hardware malfunction of some sort, so this is actually a better (although irritating) outcome.

Until Edge-Chrome becomes available, is there another browser you / the community can recommend that will work better than Chrome does with Windows 10? 

Heather

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation