Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Probook 640 g2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP laptop not booting, no power, num lock and caps flashes 7 times.

attempted using a known good power ac adapter in my lab:

-power reset by holding down power button with no AC or internal battery for 12 seconds, re inserted. same result.

-booting with one stick or ram, same result.

-different LCD, same result, black screen no power. flashing codes

-removed m2 ssd. same result.

someone help me, im losing my mind.

unit is not under warranty, but I'm thinking it might be system board.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sfghsfhsfghswf

Hi,

7 Blinks could be a BIOS failure.

Here is an overview of HP's blinking codes: https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c01732674

Since you have tried most of the trouble shooting steps, I would suggest you try doing a BIOS Recovery
Press and hold the windows Key, The letter B and the Power Button, all the three keys for 30 seconds

In case the issue is still not resolved, It could be an issue with the system Board
Please Contact HP support in your region.

I am an HP employee.
The Solution provided by myself only and Im not speaking for HP,

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

Regards,

Karthik Nataraj

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.