Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)

HP laptop will turn on but the screen will not turn on and remains dark and blank

Hello everyone, I have an HP Envy j100t which I purchased in 2014.

ever since yesterday it's been starting but the screen remains pitch black, no display at all. It won't get to start up page, just remains a blank dark screen even though the power light is on and there's no battery issue because it was on charge all night and the AC adopter is still in. 

I keep on having to get to get to the BIOS recovery screen, letting that update, and then it proceeds to restart. However when it restarts, it never gets to start up and there is the same dark screen- no display. 

I have to always update BIOS, take out the battery and AC adapter, put them back in, and then it will start. Or sometimes even that whole process might not restart it. 

Please help!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (68 Views)

Re: HP laptop will turn on but the screen will not turn on and remains dark and blank

Hi@Sahrish,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

The display is black. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I suggest you connect an external monitor and check if the display works fine on it.

If you are able to see the display on the external monitor, then it’s an issue with the internal screen.

If the external monitor doesn’t work as well, then I recommend you call HP Phone support using the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation