Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is the second  HP laptop in a week, the first was a 15.6 Touchscreen the second a Pavillion x360 it does not power up the HP logo appears and no spinner. After unplugging the all ports and power cycling it came up with Preparing Automatic Repair , after another power cycle I got in. This happens eveytime I power on,  I spent over an hour with the helpdesk on the first one (they did all the right things) but couldn't resolve the problem so I returned it.

HP need a quality control team - if they have one what the hell is going on  - 2 laptops in a week with the same issue!!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Beyondform,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand the laptop is stuck on HP Logo screen. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Are you able to boot the computer to the Bios screen?

Have you tried to remove the Hard drive and then boot to the Bios screen?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to try and boot the computer to the Bios screen through F10. If for some reason you are not able to boot into the Bios screen, I would suggest you turn off the PC and then remove the Hard drive and then try to boot to the Bios screen and check if that helps.

If the PC boots to the Bios screen with the Hard drive disconnected, it's mostly likely a Hardware issue with the hard drive. 

Alternatively, I would suggest you run an extensive system test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive from F2(Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

I have a few others steps that should help,  

Some HP Notebook PCs come with two sticks of memory and have two memory slots. If you experience a black screen or blue screen with HP logo, the problem could be with one of the sticks of memory or with one of the memory slots.   

To determine what is causing the failure, try to isolate the problem by:  

• Performing a memory self-test   

• Checking for loose memory modules   

• Testing the memory modules   

• Testing the memory slots  

For more details:  HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Here's a related HP Forums post for more information that seems to have helped others as well: Click here 

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Problem solved after many wasted hours (extensive tests,  reinstall of windows and my data)

The issue  was I had an external keyboard  connected - as I have always done with 3 other laptops. So DONT CONNECT AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD UNTIL THE MACHINE HAS BOOTED UP.

HP Recommended

@Beyondform,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀​​​​​​​

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need to leave my keyboard(that contains a USB hub) plugged in -what are the bios setting to stop it trying to boot from the keyboard?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.