Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Recently everytime i would try and startup my netbook it would display the HP logo and the option to press [f9] or [f10] and just stay on that screen. If i press f9 fast enough the boot menu comes up eventually, but its either really slow to show up or nothing would even happen. it really bothers me because this computer isnt even 3 months old... any help would be greatly appreciated.

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Sounds like a sign of possible hardware problem. If you are able to boot to bios (F10), run the start up test (or diagnose test), let it check out the memory and hard drive. If the diagnose fails, better have it repaired soon.

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I do have the same problem too. I tried  a memory test and hard disk test but no error found. Seems like many users have this problem and HP is silent on the issue!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem!

My HP mini 110 is almost 1 Year old.

After I left it for 1 week unused,  unplug and restart it at 5-8 times is the only way to start it.

Bios Memomy and disc checks showed no errors. 

I looks to me like motherboard problem..

HP Recommended

i have a one and a half monthsold HP Mini 310. recently it started doing a problem. when i press the power button it starts up and after a few seconds it turns off without dispaying anything. i would start it again and again and after 5,6 times it wud show an error saying "your computer was hibernated due to overheating, and now its working fine" and then the computer will start. or if i remove the batery and reinstall it the notebook will start imidiately. what possibally can be the problem? what do i do?

HP Recommended

I downloaded a BIOS update #19 from HP for my Mini 1101. Now it goes to the blue screen and will not boot up. Tried all the F-10 notes from HP about getting it to reboot. Told the BOIS is corrupted and need to "flash" the BIOS. Any suggestions? 

HP Recommended

I have been having a similar issue with a mini 110c 1105dx. Sometimes on startup I get the F9/F10 options come up but I can't select either of them. On other occasions the screen is blank. The caps lock led comes flashes once and the power and wifi lights stay on, no HD activity. I have updated the BIOS and tried pulling the battery and power, then holding the power switch for at least 15 seconds to clear the BIOS. Eventually several rounds of this result in walking away from it and sometimes it comes to life and boots normally. When it does start up there are no problems. It just mostly seems to happen when the pc has been shutdown. I've run diagnostics and nothing comes up wrong. Any suggestions are welcome.

HP Recommended

I just find a way to solve this problem, in my case i had a Mini SD adapter without de memory inserted in the SD slot, i guess the bios was trying to identifie the memory and since there was none it just get blocked. Hope its usefull 4someone

HP Recommended

I have 2 Hp Mini.  110-1100CTO and 110-1116NR.  They both boot with checksum error and freeze at HP f9 f10 splash screen.  I disassembled them both and rebuilt, attaching 1 piece of hardware at a time.  I connected an external monitor and usb mouse.  What I found is when the LVDS cable from the mini display is connected to the motherboard the mini will freeze at the f9 f10 HP screen.  When it is disconnected, I can boot fine to an external display.  I tried swapping the mini displays and receive the same result.  I upgraded the BIOS on the 110-1100CTO from F.18 to F.19 and received the same result.  I upgraded the BIOS on the 110-1116NR from F.17 to F.19 and recieved the same result.  I am hoping someone can help find the resolution to the display issue on the HP mini, since HP does not want to address it. ???????

HP Recommended

I continued with troubleshooting the HP mini startup problem and disconnected the webcam.  The mini booted with the LVDS cable connected.  I reconnected the webcam and the mini continues to boot with the LVDS cable connected.  So, after re-seating all hardware and re-connecting all cables the HP mini has been booting fine.....................

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.