Lyfe77
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP pavilion 2000 won't boot up

HP Pavilion 2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I'm trying to get to the welcome screen to enter my password to actually use my computer.

However it's stuck on the loading screen. I've tried everything online, hard reset, restore, and diagnostic testing. I cannot restore because my computer isn't connected to the Internet to create a restore point.

The diagnostics say everything passed. Everything. I ran testsome on the Hard Drive for 3 days straight. So if the diagnostics can't find anything I don't know why it won't load.

Btw this happened out of the blue while watching Netflix on my laptop while HDMI connected to a TV.
I know about the system resetc but I'm trying to think of a way to still backup my files before deleting themy. Any advice on how to save my pc?
6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,595 21,550 1,823 2,914
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lyfe77

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

I need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

Was the update process interrupted?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

Is there an error message that appears on the screen?
which loading screen are you referring to?

In the meantime, please attempt the below steps:

Perform a hard reset

Attempt a BIOS recovery

You could attempt to access the safe mode: click here for details.

The only other steps to resolve the issue would be to:

Remove and reseat the memory modules

Perform an HP System Recovery

If you wish to attempt a data backup prior to resetting windows: Click here

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Lyfe77
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello thank you for replying.

I'm referring to the screen where I enter my password to utilize my computer. I cannot even get to that screen. The screen it's stuck on isome the HP logo with the ellipses loading beneath it.

My laptop was able to fully update to Windows 10 and it was working for a good wk or 2. This just started last wk like around the 22nd of September.

And part of the error message said "NTFS" on it. There wasn't much of an error msg
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lyfe77

Thank you for replying with the details,

If the issue is related to windows, the error message would have more details than the one you have captured and I would request you to capture the entire message for a quick solution, nevertheless, have you attempted the system recovery steps mentioned in the last post?

As that should help you backup all your data (If any) and then restore back to factory defaults to resolve any issue related to the windows,

You could also perform hardware tests on the hard drive to ensure this isn't a hardware issue as the "NTFS" is related to the hard drive partition, using the F2 key during the restart of your computer.

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Lyfe77
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So far your first 3 options are not working. This is frustrating. My computer was just fine and working for daysure and now out of the blue I can't get it to let me access anything.

On top of that HP refuses to help me because my computer is 2 -3 yrs old. This is ridiculous. Basically forcing people to buy a computer everything other year
0 Kudos
Lyfe77
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The command prompt is not accepting bcdedit for safe mode.
It keeps saying it's a unknown command and to run bcdedit/? For assistance and I try everything on that list. I can't even enter a safe mode. I'm crying at this point. I worked so hard on everything. So hard just for it to go to waste. I can't even backup everything anymore. Why are people like this? 😭
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lyfe77

I understand how that feels and I'm only here to help you out,

I've mentioned that you should be able to restart the computer, tap on F11 to enter the Recovery manager and then use the same program to create a backup before you reinstall windows,

If the above isn't working, you can always order a recovery media on the official HP website: Click here

Let me know, if there's something else I can do to help you out.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation