Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming laptop 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned on my HP pavilion gaming laptop today and everything sounded ok led power light came on in could hear fans running as it usually would but I had only a black screen so I looked up some trouble shooting ideas and the first and only thing I did was turn it over and took out the ram and then replaced same ram card just to make sure it didn't need to be reseated replaced backing plate and powered up only this time I got a black screen with a flashing led power light and a unusual sound then normal the fans are like pulsating very slow like but it don't sound like it's starting up like it did the first time I powered up today like I said this laptop is only a year or so old and very lightly used no upgrades everything stock as can be and very well cared for never dropped never over used never goes anywhere it just sits safely in my house I can't understand why it would do this suddenly if anyone can maybe help me I would greatly appreciate it I'm a noob when it comes to computers but I'm trying to learn of course this puts a damper on that a little bit I paid a lot for this laptop and I honestly expected to get more then a year or so of use especially when it's rarely used 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.