10-14-2016 01:49 PM
I turned on sleep mode while using my HP pavilion dv6 3145se notebook and after some time I turned it on there is blank screen, orange lite and capslock light is blinking. I have already done hard reset twice but with no success. Any one can guide to resolve this problem.
Earlier every thing was working well except network adapter problems. Surfing on all forums of HP for solution. Hard Reset did not worked for me.
10-17-2016 12:08 PM - edited 10-17-2016 07:35 PM
Welcome to the HP forums! It is a great way to engage, post questions and find resolutions by working with specialists in the HP community. I understand that you need assistance with the computer not booting to windows and the capslock light blinking. It’ll be a genuine pleasure to assist you with this.
You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Great troubleshooting! Kudos to you on that score. We greatly value your relationship with HP. You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.
At the outset, it looks like a possible hardware issue with the computer. Please perform a hard reset again. And try this step.
- Power down the unit first.
- Please perform this step to roll back the bios. Hold down the “Windows” Key and the letter “B” simultaneously and press the power button also for about 5 seconds at the same time.
Sometimes the computer fires up and the bios roll back screen appears. If it does, please follow the onscreen instructions. If nothing works, you may need to contact a local technician to get the unit serviced as HP may not have service options available for the computer as it is an older unit.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)