jubile1203
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP pavilion g6 will not boot

Hp Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop won't boot. Turns on to a blank screen and I get a blink code of 2 blinks on the caps lock. I have tried everything on the support site and it won't let me email supoort about it which is what the site says to do about this problem. i can't access the bios menu or anything.

3 REPLIES 3
varunthomasm58
Level 1
13 9 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

start laptop ....select boot menu by pressing esc key ..press f9 key and install new windows 10 by boot method....It may help you..but it may cause the  removal of your personal data...

0 Kudos
jubile1203
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cant get any menus to open.
0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
46,719 40,980 4,449 11,588
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With most HP notebooks a non-boot scenario with a two blink error code means that the BIOS is corrupt.

Press the power button while holding down the Windows key and continuously tap the B key.  If you have previously updated the BIOS, it should begin a recovery to the older BIOS file.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
You can click on accept as solution if my post or reply was the information you needed to resolve your issue.
You can say thanks for my response by clicking on the blue thumbs up.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation