02-17-2017 09:34 AM
Trying to turn on wireless. Can't remember bios password. previous forums spoke aobut a smc.bin file used to reset password. cannot find a phone number to call HP and request smc.bin file. any ideas?
02-17-2017 09:40 AM
- Please Contact HP Business Notebook support they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employe
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)