Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (190 Views)

HP spectre 13-4100 x360 will not turn on

Product Name: HP Spectre 13-4100 x360 Convertible PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I bought my HP Spectre 13-4100 x360 Convertible PC in June 2016 and I have used it frequently.

In the past, I could turn on my laptop by pushing the power button once within 1 second. But recently it takes me about 1 minute to turn on the computer. Specifically, I have to hold the button for about 15 seconds for many times and then the computer will start, and this works only when it is connected to a wall plug. 

So now the situation is that I can't turn on my computer without the wall plug, even when the battery shows full of power when the computer is started. And even if it is connected to the wall plug, it takes me almost 1 minutes to start it. 

Is there any way I can solve the problem?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (161 Views)

Re: HP spectre 13-4100 x360 will not turn on

Hi @summer-17 ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Please let me know the exact product number of the notebook to assist you better with the relevant steps. To find your product number use: hp.care/2bygf7l 

Re-start the notebook, keep tapping F2, and run a component test with the battery and let me know the results. Smiley Happy

Let me know how that pans out. Smiley Happy

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. Smiley Wink

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (131 Views)

Hi Barachiel,

Thanks for replying me. I haven't attempted any steps before posting on the forum, and the issue has been for about one and a half months.

I also run the battery test and it showed that the component test passed.

So what should I do next?

Serial: 5CD6163TSR

Model: 13-4103dx

Product: N1R85UA#ABA 

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (108 Views)

Hi @summer-17 ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back Smiley Wink

I see that this computer came with windows 10 64 bit operating system. If you are running the same, then follow this link and update the BIOS. Once it is done, re-start the notebook and see if it work's fine.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (104 Views)

Hi Barachiel,

I forgot to mention that my laptop has windows 8 64 bit operating system. And I didn't see the link to update the BIOS. Could you please tell me what should I do for the windows 8 64 bit system?

Thanks a lot!

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (100 Views)

Hi @summer-17 ,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response Smiley Wink 

I appreciate your time and efforts.

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/ Enter Product number or select to auto detect.

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options". Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation