Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have an Hp spectre x360 13in. The laptop has been amazing until within the last few days, it suddenly would not turn on. No lights or fans. Tried all the troubleshooting steps that I found on questions from this forum. Nothing worked so I brought it into the repair shop and discovered the motherboard had malfunctioned. I see a lot of similar problems from users and am looking to get some assistance. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sukelimmer
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

As it’s a motherboard related issue I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same issue.  When I spoke with customer service, they had me do some additional trouble shooting and then said that it would have to be sent in for repair.  Because it was out of warranty, they said I would have to pay between $400 and  $650 for repairs--which I would have to pay first before they would send out a shipping box for repairs.  I asked if it was the motherboard and they confirmed that it was.  I told them that I had seen all over the forum that this was a known problem with the motherboards after only 1 -1/2 years of use.  He stated that there were no "known issues".  I asked to speak with a supervisor and she reiterated that this was not a "known issue"  that this was something that had affected older models.  offered me 40% off and an additional 3 month warranty.  The original person I spoke with had already told me that the 3 month warranty was already included.  So they left me hanging for 5 or so minutes and came back with the cost being the maximum amount ($659.99) and with the 40% off it was still $400.  A high end computer should last more than 1.5 years.  I'm particularly disgusted because I just recommended that my sister buy the same computer for my niece for college and am wondering if she's going to be stuck with the same problem after a year and a half of use.  I was a HUGE fan of the spectre before this and recommended it to many, but I am sorely disappointed that HP gives such dishonest customer service.

HP Recommended

@katbrit

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.