Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0053dx
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a very beautiful laptop that I purchased for my business. Spent last of my hard earned money on this laptop. Worked great then just stopped working. Has a black screen with never ending spinning circle.  Wont boot up or anything. Still have original box it came in. Paid $2200 plus an extra $200 for year of protection. 5 months after warranty went out laptop quit working. Took it to best buy and they said the motherboard needing to be replaced. HP is one of the best brands to buy and after only a year and a half I have to buy another laptop. That is a lot of my hard earned money down the drain. I always buy only Hp cause they are my initials in my name. And this was a perfect rose gold and I can't do anything with it. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Bh851,

You didn't mention how Best Buy determined your motherboard needed to be replaced, and I don't know if you did any troubleshooting.  But from your description of the problem (black screen with a spinning circle), the problem may be occurring past BIOS and could be a faulty hard drive (HD) or corrupt Windows boot system.

if your bios works, you can run a built-in diagnostics test for hardware (HD, RAM, motherboard and so on). So, what you can do is to find out if you can access to this tool: power up the laptop and immediately tap the F2 key and do a diagnostics test for motherboard and HD. If you've never done this test, see the link below. Please let us know how it goes. 

Test Your HP Computer Hardware Using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI | HP Computers | @HPSupport - Y...

HP Recommended

I believe we did try that. Sometimes it is black screen spinning other times it is just frozen on black screen. If i push f10 will take me to blue screen ran some tests tries to repair it but says unable to repair. Ran test on battery and everything else and everything came back good. Took it to best buy and they said they were not able to run any test because they ran into same pro le where they couldn't get past blue screen. Said it was motherboard and would have to send it in to get repaired. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.