cancel
Sames001 Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP split X2 won't power on- at all. Fully charged.

HP split X2
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

My hp split x2 won't turn on at all. When I plug it into the charger, the light comes on and it is white but when I press the power button, it won't turn on. When I hold the power button for a few seconds, the windows logo on the screen will turn on and as soon as I let go of the power button, the light goes back out. Also, when I unplug the charger and press and hold the power button, the charger light blinks white three times, and then the windows logo on the screen lights up.
I read in anot her post to try power and the hitting the escape button really fast, then repeat with F2, and F10. I had no response from either.

This computer has been nothing but trouble for me. I had to send it out once for reapir for a similar issue, when it was under warranty (it no longer is). The entire time I've had it it frequently acts laggy and is difficult to use, if not impossible. Then it will snap out of it and be perfect. Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance to whoever is able to help me. I don't think I'll ever buy another HP product. I'm convinced that this is a parts issue and should have been replaced for free, when I started having all these issues.

6 REPLIES 6
GarrettP1 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine's doing the same thing after upgrading to Widows 10.

I disabled the sleep function in the settings, and that still didn't work.

To wake it up, separate the tablet from the keyboard, then hold down the power button until the Windows logo light comes on. Take your finger off the power button for a second, and then hold down the power button until it powers up. You might have to do this 2 or 3 times.

Thanks HP. Nice equipment you got here.

Garrett

0 Kudos
Sames001 Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there Garrett,
Thank you for the suggestion! I just tried that, unfortunately with no success. The windows light lit up after compressing the button for 5 seconds. I let go and the pressed it again. After another 5 second the logo lit back up, I continued to hold it for another 10 Seconds and other than the logo continuing to stay lit nothing happened.

I tried it about 5 times varying the length of time I held down the second press.
0 Kudos
Sames001 Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

P.s. I have not upgraded to Windown 10.
0 Kudos
HeatherLei Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Did you ever resolve this?

0 Kudos
Sames001 Top Student
Top Student
7 5 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope. I had to take my complaint to the escalations department where they offered a discounted rate to repair it. However I waited a bit past the two week decision window to call them back (it was the holiday season and things were crazy)... and I left a message and never heard anything back. So it's basically a piece of junk collecting dust now.
0 Kudos
bz889976 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same problem on 2 of these now both where caused by cable in back tablet I don't have pictures anymore I apologize anyway if you take back cove off tablet you should see cable that has came off disconnected in both cases I reconnecting the ribbon cable and all was good from there on
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation