Steverog Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

HP stream notebook won't power up

HP Stream notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

My HP Stream Notebook PC 11  11-d010na won't power up, AC led is white and pulses brighter white three times and this repeats. Power switch lights up but nothing else happens. Battery was about 75% when shut down last evening. Purchased March 2015.

8 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
44994 4220 10672
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post

Have you tried the hard reset procedure in the following HP document?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/27/2017)

You can show your appreciation or say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Steverog Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post

Yes, I have tried the hard reset procedure without success.

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1557 131 294
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post

Hi, you might try letting the battery run all the way down, that seemed to work for at least one person here.

Provost Provost
Provost
44994 4220 10672
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post

I have asked my internal sources and they state that the best way is with a hard reset by pressing the power button  and holding it for 10-15 seconds.

If that does not work then waiting until the battery loses all current might indeed be the way to go. That was a good suggestion by the previous poster.  When the battery dies, try pressing the power button again and holding it for 10-15 seconds.

It is a shame that the warranty ended just a few months ago. Sometimes that just happpens. 

You can show your appreciation or say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Steverog Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post

Many thanks for your reply. Shame indeed about the warranty as I really did like this notebook. I have tried the hard reset as you described. At this stage I will try anything, though I would imagine it will take some time for the battery to run down completly.

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1557 131 294
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post

Yes, it might help to run the battery down quicker by plugging in USB devices you may have like a hub, or plug in a phone or tablet to charge.

Steverog Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post

Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I tried to switch on again yesterday and it booted up normally with no loss of files but the AC adapter light remained on even though the adapter was not connected. Today I allowed the battery to discharge and then charged it for a few hours.  All appears to be back to normal this evening. Very strange.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44994 4220 10672
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post

Strange indeed, but this thread may help someone else in the future.

It is good to hear that the issue with yours is resolved.

:)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation