11-13-2016 05:57 AM
Yesterday my laptop died and I don't know what happened. I was working as usual, and after lunch, I closed the laptop and took a nap. When I woke up I opened the laptop, pressed the "on" button and it didn't start.
I continued to do so. Never started.
When I press it three lights turn on: the "on" button itself; the caps lock (white light); and the light with discs (hdd?) which is orange.
Those three lights turn on when I push the on button, and all of them beeps once.
I searched this forums and everybody suggested hard reset. I can't do a hard reset on this one, the tutorials didnt work.
I also called HP Support but they couldnt assist me because my warranty expired 5 days ago (so convenient)
I didnt hit the computer or nothing. I live alone so during nap time nothing happenned.
Thanks in advance!!
11-14-2016 07:09 AM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂
As I understand the computer is not turning on or is displaying only a black screen and the battery isn't charging either,
To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Please perform the below steps:
If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black,
you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:
(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)
- Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
- Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
- Start computer using the battery only
- Check that the lid switch moves freely
- When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.
- If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.
- If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.
- If the LEDs blink, or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.
- If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.
Eager to help,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee