Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx, 2018, Windows 10. When I close the lid, normally it goes to sleep, but sometimes the laptop does not go off, but enters into a state where the laptop does not turn off, the screen is black and the laptop gets pretty hot. I have checked the Event viewer right after that has happened, but I have not noticed what is happening. I have also done many configurations in order to avoid the computer to turn on by itself, like disabling USB devices and wifi from turning the pc on. I have been experiencing this problem for many years now, and updating Windows or the bios does not help. The only way to unblock the pc is to restart it.

Sometimes it also turns on by itself, also with a black screen and being very hot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.