Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy 15u220 suddenly turned of with a brief note on screen “Locking”. A piep/clicking sound came near the power button. I tried to turn it on, but no sign of ‘living’ exists. No blinking lights, no starting sound. Nothing. While I was in the middle of my work and it has not been backed up yet. Help please ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vegalla02, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

When you connect an AC adapter, do you see that it is charging?

Try with an alternate compatible AC adapter.

Disconnect all non-essential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and similar devices. Remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer, except for the mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

Perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. Turn off the computer completely; disconnect the power cord from the computer.

2. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

3. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

You may refer to this document for more info on troubleshooting No power and beep code issues

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Vegalla02, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

When you connect an AC adapter, do you see that it is charging?

Try with an alternate compatible AC adapter.

Disconnect all non-essential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and similar devices. Remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer, except for the mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

Perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. Turn off the computer completely; disconnect the power cord from the computer.

2. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

3. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

You may refer to this document for more info on troubleshooting No power and beep code issues

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Done what you suggested. It finally can be turned on. Thanks

HP Recommended

@Vegalla02

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.