Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17m BW3 dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ran diagnostics, Hard drive ssd short day failed. Failure ID OLN3KH-95KAPQ-GXGJ3G-60ST03.  Product ID 3WF11UA#ABA.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@RonLJr 
Unfortunately, the internal utility we use to check these codes says the one you posted is invalid -- probably a typo of one or more of the characters.  Without a correct code, we can not confirm the error.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I had the zeros as O's.

0LN3KH-95KAPQ-GXGJ3G-60ST03

Finally able to boot in safe mode and get files off hard disk. HP diagnostic dialog said have to take in for repairs but no other details.

HP Recommended

@RonLJr 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but according to HP, that error message means that your primary storage drive (i.e., hard drive) is in imminent danger of failing. While it could last for several more days, it could also fail immediately! The more you use the drive, the less likely you'll be able to recover anything on it.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt response.  Fortunately I was finally able to get it to boot in safe mode and copy some recent files.  Backup is only a week old so just going to out some $.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.