Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-ac107na

Sons 5 month old laptop will not start up, Diagnostic System Quick Check flags the following code

FAILURE ID : MC7PX-7T784E-XD7WMF-60A203

Hard Drive SMART Check : FAILED

Still under warranty so I assume it will be going back , HP support unavailable until Monday morining, any advice? Experience of this failure on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That error message indicates a hard disk failure.

It is unfortunate that this happens to be a weekend.

Since your notebook is still covered under warranty, it should be a matter of contacting HP for warranty service to arrange to send in your notebook for hard disk replacement. The hard disk is not a customer self repair warranty item.

A failed hard disk is a warranty replacement item. You will need to provide the failure ID when contacting HP.

Contacting HP

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-15-ac100-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/8903284

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Failure ID not in valid format XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

The first section is missing a character.

There should be six characters in the first group just as there are in the remaining three groups. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry should be MC7P7X-7T784E-XD7WMF-60A203

HP Recommended

That error message indicates a hard disk failure.

It is unfortunate that this happens to be a weekend.

Since your notebook is still covered under warranty, it should be a matter of contacting HP for warranty service to arrange to send in your notebook for hard disk replacement. The hard disk is not a customer self repair warranty item.

A failed hard disk is a warranty replacement item. You will need to provide the failure ID when contacting HP.

Contacting HP

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-15-ac100-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/8903284

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.