Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 15t-ax000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My laptop run into message "Repairing disk error: this ight take more than an hour" (for more than 5 hours). After i restarted I went to BIOS and choose F9 Setup yo defaults, it restarted and show me "No bootable device found". After HDD test check i got fail  message with ID: Q4G03X-8GMANS-MFPUQ1-610Q03-V&F59AV. I would appreciate if someone can told me what this message means, how to i fix it or what are my chances? 

Than You.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ivomen 

That error code means your disk drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

Once you have the replacement drive, read the information below about HP Cloud Recovery to be used to restore your PC to working condition:

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC. The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC. Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

--------------------------------

If the HP Cloud Recovery is not available or does not work, you may have to look into ordering HP Recovery Media -- which is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.

You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Once there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update"

If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the + symbol to expand that entry and click on Order Media for details.

Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Support:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @ivomen 

Does it have a model number of the device (drive) that failed in the report?

The reason I ask is because there appears to be two drives in your notebook when I look at the parts list...a 128 GB M.2 SATA SSD, and a 1 TB hard drive used for storage.

I removed the serial number of your notebook in the report below.

If there is a model number in the report, we can identify which of the two drives has failed.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
Q4G03X-8GMANS-MFPUQ1-610Q03-V&F59AVOK00000000008/6/21304StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 2 Quick Test Failure
HP Recommended

Hi, in report I only get Failure ID, Product ID and it says Hard Drive 2 failed. Where should I look for Model ID?

HP Recommended

Hi:

I was hoping it would have provided the model of the failed drive in the report on the display.

Under those circumstances, the easiest thing to do would be to temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive because it has no operating system on it.

If the PC works fine with the 2.5" drive disconnected, then that is the drive that failed.

If you still get the failure code with the 2.5" drive disconnected, you will need to replace the M.2 SATA drive.

Here is the link to the service manual where you can find the procedures to remove and replace either drive.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609.pdf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.